Friday FivePosted: March 11, 2011
It’s been an incredible week as I was able to spend a couple of days with church planters and leaders from across our state dreaming and strategizing about what it looks like for our churches to be “in the city, for the city.” This week adds to my already pretty high excitement about what is happening around Awaken in the upcoming weeks.
Here are the top 5 things happening at Awaken that you need to know about :
1. Community Group registration is open and groups will officially launch the week of March 20. We are very excited about this important next step for our church! Join us Sunday for part 2 of Tangible Kingdom as we cast vision for Community Groups at Awaken. You can also visit the website for more info and to sign up for a group.
2. Our next Partnership Class in on Sunday, March 27. We use the term Partner instead of member because we want our Partners to be active participants in our mission of making God’s name great through lives changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. You can check out our website for more information on Partnership. If you’re ready to jump in, you can register online right now.
3. Our new sermon series, Christ Alone, launches next Sunday, March 20. I am praying for a harvest during this series – that we will see many, many lives changed by the good news of what Jesus has done for us. Start inviting your friends now – we will have series invite cards available on Sunday. Christ Alone will run through Easter.
4. More and more people are signing up for Online Giving, which is awesome. Online giving is a great way for you to give consistently and generously. To get signed-up for online recurring giving, check out our website and follow the instructions. It’s easy, safe, and helpful.
5. 2011 is off to a great start for Awaken Church! January and February were the best back to back months since we launched and I am confident it is just the beginning. If you’re not involved yet, I want you to be a part of what God is doing in our city. Take advantage of these opportunities and join us in making God’s name great through lives changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.