Why We’re Using Tickets for Easter ServicesPosted: March 20, 2012
You’re used to having to have a ticket to attend a sporting event, a concert, or a movie. But, tickets for church? Seems a little weird to have a ticket to attend church, doesn’t it?
This year, we are offering tickets to attend our Easter services at North Rock Hill. We are offering 5 services - 4:30pm and 6:00pm on Saturday, April 7, and 8:30am, 10:00am, and 11:30am on Sunday, April 8. We are praying for God to do great things and for many lives to be changed by the power of the gospel.
So, why are we offering tickets? Here are a few reasons (list adapted from Tony Morgan):
- We want to be sure we have seats for you to invite your friends and family. Crowds are larger on Easter weekend and if everyone showed up to the same service, we wouldn’t have near enough seats. Offering tickets will help spread out the crowd so we have more seats for more people.
- Tickets will make it easier to invite your friends. By far the number one reason a person attends a church is because a friend invited them. Having a ticket with all the info on it will make it easier for you to invite your friends.
- Tickets communicate value. Each ticket represents a seat. When you invite your friends, you’re saying, “I have reserved a seat just for you.”
- Tickets communicate that Easter at North Rock Hill is open to the community. You may not realize this, but many of your friends who do not attend church do not assume they can come anytime. Many of them feel like they need to be invited in order to attend…not just Easter, but any Sunday.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Pick the service you and your family will attend.
- Get tickets for you and your family. Yes, we need you to get tickets for yourself, too.
- Get tickets for friends you want to invite.
- Invite, invite, invite and pray, pray, pray – ask God to move powerfully in the lives of those you invite!
You can get your tickets online, on Sundays at the Information Booth, or at the office during the week. I can tell you now that a couple of the services are starting to fill up, so get your tickets soon.
Please understand…all of this is in an effort to reach more people with the gospel. We’re pretty big on seeing lives transformed by the gospel, so we want to do everything we can to create space and opportunity for that to happen.
Get your tickets, invite your friends, and pray for God to move powerfully on Easter weekend at North Rock Hill!