Friday FivePosted: May 15, 2009
This is going to be a great weekend…I’m really looking forward to it!
1. Sunday is going to be huge for Awaken Church! I will be asking people to make commitments to join our Launch Team that will serve as the foundation of Awaken Church and will work together to engage the community and build a healthy culture before we officially launch in September. It’s time for the rubber to hit the road! Can’t wait to see people step up to own this vision of joining God in the transformation of people, Northeast Columbia, and the world!
2. My best friend Lee Webb, his precious wife Rachel, and their linebacker son Walker will be stopping in for a visit today and tomorrow. Lee and I became really good friends during our time in Shelbyville, KY, but in the 6 years since we left Shelbyville, our friendship has gotten stronger. Can’t to have some quality talk time with him on the golf course this afternoon, grill some burgers tonight with our families together, and who knows after that!
3. Sam Frye is moving to Columbia to join the team at Awaken Church! Sam interned with us last summer, went back to Liberty to finish up his master’s degree, and now is moving back to help plant Awaken Church. Sam reminds me a ton of Jonathan’s armor bearer – he’s wiling to do whatever it takes to see the gospel advance. Can’t wait to have him back in Columbia! He will help us craft our serving partnerships in the community and help people discover their gifts and how they fit into what God is doing in Northeast Columbia. Welcome back, Sam!
4. I think I figured out why I am struggling so much to get back in a good blogging rhythm. The focus of what I want to write has shifted which means my intended audience needs to shift. Playing around with some ideas now and might pull the trigger over the weekend. This can be such an effective platform and I am not leveraging it as I used to and as I should…drives me crazy!
5. God is doing a great work in Columbia, SC and I am honored to be here to be a part of it. This is my hometown – my heart bleeds and breaks for this city. We need to see a move of God…a powerful, awe-striking move of God. I know that our church is not the answer, but I do believe that we are part of the answer. Would you pray with us and pray for us? We’re ready…let’s do this!
Have a great weekend!