The Morning AfterPosted: April 19, 2010
Yesterday was crazy…in a good way! Here are a few thoughts from the day…
- I am really enjoying teaching through 1 Thessalonians…and we’re only two weeks into it! Yesterday, preached from 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10. The gospel came in power to Thessalonica, it was received with joy in spite of affliction, and it sounded forth from the Thessalonians with great boldness.
- Bottom line: What you have received, you must pass on. And, you must embody what you pass on.
- I’m praying for lots of opportunities for AC’ers to share their faith stories this week. Every conversion story is a powerful one! Every story of freedom from idols to better serve Jesus is a powerful one! People need to hear how God has worked and is working in your life, so share your story!
- Our set-up and tear-down crews dominated yesterday! You’re not just doing grunt work…you’re creating the environment for God to work in people’s lives as He is lifted up in worship and His Word is preached. THANK YOU for doing your work with excellence and efficiency!
- Had the honor of preaching last night at Malvern Hill Baptist Church in Camden. Their pastor, Craig Thompson, and I have become friends over the last year or so and Malvern Hill prays regularly for Awaken. Thankful for gospel partnerships!
- As soon as I finished preaching in Camden, I burned the road up to get back home so we could launch our Awaken Community last night. Had a house full – 14 adults, 10 kids, and 2 students to hang out with kids. Had a great time getting to know everyone and talking about the idols we’re battling right now.
- By the end of this week, Awaken will have launched 6 Communities with over 70 adults involved total. I am thrilled with the possibilities that come with launching these Communities as we take the next step to Love God, Love Each Other, and Love Our World. Our hope is that each Community will become a missional outpost in the area where it meets. Multiplication!
- Got our Movies in the Park marketing plans, sponsors, and benefiting organizations finalized. Can’t wait to get started on May 21!
Very thankful for how God is at work in and through Awaken right now! Church planting is the craziest journey anyone could ever take on…the highest of highs and the lowest of lows come with it, sometimes in the same day! But it’s worth it. Totally worth it.
AC’ers…I love you and I love being your pastor!