Sunday ReplayPosted: June 28, 2010
Yesterday was absolutely electric at Awaken Church as God’s power & glory were on full display! Here are some highlights:
- 9 adults publicly identified with and professed faith in Jesus by being baptized yesterday!
- 7 of those 9 decided to be baptized at the end of the sermon, which was incredible! Some powerful stories of Jesus at work in people’s lives calling them to salvation and calling them to obedience.
- Yes, we counseled with those who responded at the end of the sermon. Our team did a great job talking with each person and then serving them as they prepared for baptism.
- Each person had everything they needed to be baptized – Awaken t-shirts, shorts, flip flops, under garments, deodorant, hair driers, make-up, hair gel, towels…the whole 9 yards. Very proud of our Guest Services team for serving so well!
- 2 of our summer interns were baptized yesterday! Love the fact that Brittany and Gil took bold steps to follow Jesus and to lead with integrity.
- And, if that wasn’t enough, Sam Frye, our Involvement Director, told me that a person trusted Jesus as Savior yesterday during the worship gathering! Are you kidding me?!
- Since Awaken launched, we have had the privilege of baptizing 27 adults and have seen 35 adults trust Jesus as Savior in a worship gathering. Praise Jesus!
- AwakenKids Elementary used their small group time yesterday to make gift bags for local firefighters and police officers. The bags are being delivered this week. So thankful for how Brandon, Brittany, and the rest of the AK team are leading our kids on mission!
- Made a big announcement yesterday. On July 25-27, Awaken/AwakenKids will have the first annual A-Team Sports Camp at Polo Road Elementary! Consider this VBS on steroids. Cannot wait to see how God will use those 3 days. And, I know it’s going to be a blast, too!
I am seriously amazed at what Jesus is doing in Awaken Church right now. The growth, the life change, the opportunities…it’s all Jesus. We stand in awe of His power and glory…but we are hungry for so much more! This is definitely a season of “infinitely more” (Ephesians 3:20-21) and all glory goes to Jesus.