Weekend RecapPosted: July 18, 2010
This was a fantastic weekend for Awaken Church! God’s is on the move in a big way and we are thrilled, humbled, and deeply encouraged. Here are some highlights:
- Friday night, over 1700 people attended our 3rd Movies in the Park of the summer! Our team did a great job running the event and serving people well.
- After 3 Movies in the Park events, over 100 families have requested more information about Awaken Church. Each one of those 100 families has a story and now we have the opportunity to join with what God is already doing.
- It’s pretty amazing to see the platform God has given Awaken to reach people in our city. We’re thankful for the opportunity and we will not take it lightly.
- Over 30 first time guests attended Awaken’s worship gathering today! And it’s the 3rd week of July…
- Better than that, 1 person indicated they trusted Jesus as Savior today in the worship gathering! YES!
- Awaken will be a prayer network church for two couples about to head overseas with the IMB. Both are going to unreached areas that are hostile to the gospel. Both couples were with us today to share their story and for us to pray over them. Honored that we get to partner with these great people!
- I’m really thankful for the SBC, IMB, and Cooperative Program. If not for all three, both couples would have to raise thousands of dollars of support to go overseas and we could not support them on our own. Instead, they don’t have to raise a dime and we can support them in prayer and relationship.
- Had a creative meeting tonight for our fall launch coming up on August 22. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do this fall at Awaken! He has brought some great people together that are ready to move forward with bold faith and passionate focus!
To all of you out there who pray for Awaken…thank you and keep it up To all the AC’ers…keep praying, serving, giving, inviting, discipling, growing. God is using you and there is much left to do – let’s do this!
“The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad.” Psalm 126:3 (ESV)