Weekend Recap :: Fall Launch EditionPosted: August 22, 2010
- Wrapped up a successful summer of Movies in the Park with another great event on Friday night. Average attendance for the 4 events was over 1700 and we connected with over 120 families that expressed interest in Awaken Church. Also, we were able to make great donations to A Home in Haiti and Harvest Hope Food Bank.
- Emma, a girl who just started the 6th grade, came up to me Friday night and said, “Pastor Jay…I can’t wait for Sunday!” “Great! Why is that, Emma,” I replied. “I get to volunteer in AwakenKids Sunday!” she said back to me. Emma served in one of our preschool groups today. Wow…6th grade.
- One of the top 5 moments of my life happened this morning at 9:30 when I arrived at Polo Road. Our entire volunteer team was waiting for me in the auditorium, and after lots of cheering and high fives, laid hands on and prayed for me. I was speechless. I love these people.
- A record crowd of 187 people joined us this morning for the launch of the Going All the Way series. Better than that, 9 people told us they prayed to trust Jesus as Savior this morning! That’s 48 since we launched! Many more raised their hands saying they prayed to receive Jesus, but we only count those that turn in cards.
- One of our most faithful volunteers came up to me after the service with tears in his eyes and said, “It’s happening, Pastor Jay! It’s happening!” Yes it is, church! Glory to God!
- AwakenKids was jamming today with new sound equipment, new layouts, and some sweet volunteer t-shirts.
- Our Guest Services team killed it today! They were serving people all over the parking lot, down the halls, and everywhere in between.
- Our Media Team took some big steps forward with a couple of well done video projects, a beautiful stage set, and a tight service.
- Gil and the Awaken Band led us to the throne in a big way! Great is the Lord (Elevation), Glory to God (Fee), There is No One Higher/The Stand (Fee), and Kingdom Come (Elevation) were our songs.
- Can’t wait to see what happens over the next several weeks as we explore more of what it means to have a gospel-centered marriage that goes the distance. If today was any indication, I really believe we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg of what God is going to do.
More to come on the blog this week. AC’ers…words cannot express how much I love you . I am anticipating even greater things in the weeks ahead. Let’s turn this city upside down with the gospel of Jesus for the glory of God!