Friday FivePosted: February 4, 2011
I know…it’s been a while. Getting the blog fired back up. Here are a few quick notes:
- We’re having another girl! We found out yesterday that Baby Hardwick #3 is going to join with her older sisters to form the Hardwick Trifecta. We’re excited and thankful for a healthy baby and a healthy Mama.
- I absolutely love what God is doing in Awaken Church right now. He is doing a great work of renewal, restoration, and refocusing in us and the momentum is palpable. Last Sunday possibly the most powerful worship service we’ve experienced to date. I’m expecting God to do big things again this Sunday as we continue the RESTORE series.
- A big reason that we are seeing God moving so powerfully is that so many in our Awaken family are praying and fasting. We launched a 40 days season of prayer and fasting 2 weeks ago. There is no doubt that when God’s people seek His face with passion and intentionality, He shows up in big ways.
- Steve Burnette is doing an incredible job already as our Community & Admin Pastor. Community Groups will launch mid-March, which will be another huge shot of momentum for Awaken. Community is a huge part of our vision and strategy – I can’t to see how God will use these groups to help people know, live, and share the gospel.
- As I mentioned, the blog is back up and rolling. I’m planning to post at least 3 times per week with my primary audience being the people of Awaken Church and church planters. I just haven’t had the bandwidth to devote to writing on a regular basis, but that is changing and I hope to once again leverage this tool as a space to communicate with our church and other church planters.
Have a great weekend! AC’ers…I can’t wait to see you on Sunday!