Somebody Invite SomebodyPosted: April 19, 2011
Anticipating is building for Easter at Awaken Church! I absolutely cannot wait to see how God moves as we gather to celebrate the Risen Jesus.
If studies are correct, then over 80% of your friends who are not Christians or do not attend church are at least open to and likely to respond favorably to your invitation to church for Easter Sunday. In anticipation of what God is going to do and to create more room to invite more people, Awaken will have two identical Easter services at 9:30 am and 11:00 am. It’s going to be a huge day!
A lot of you grabbed a stack of invite cards on Sunday and by the time you got home, the fear had already begun to set-in. What if they say no, what is they punch me in the face, what if they cuss me out, what if inviting them hurts our friendship…all these thoughts may have run through your head.
Let me encourage you to push out of your comfort zones and fight through the doubts to invite your friends to hear the gospel and worship Jesus on Sunday.
If you had free tickets for choice seats to see your favorite sports team, you would have no problem inviting people to join you. This is really no different…but it is because what Jesus has done for us is WAY more important than anything teenagers or grown men/women have ever done with a ball or a puck!
Here are some practical ways you can invite friends to Easter at Awaken:
- Pray for people by name each day. Trust that God is already at work in their lives. Ask Him to soften their heart.
- Share a meal with your friend and invite them over the meal. Pick up the tab and invite them to church. Or, you could invite their family over for a meal in your home. Serve them well.
- If you go out for a meal, ask how you can pray for your server before you bless your food, tip them well, and hand them an invite card before you leave.
- Offer to eat lunch together after church on Sunday. Offer to pick them up or caravan with them on Sunday morning.
- Talk about Easter at Awaken on Facebook and Twitter. Aim for at least one status update per day that would include an invite to Easter at Awaken.
- Point people to our website. They can listen to previous sermons, get all the info they need for AwakenKids, etc.
- Prayerwalk through your neighborhood and invite people who are out working in the yard, playing outside, out for a walk, etc.
- Put some invite cards on your desk, your coffee table, your car console, etc. where people will see them and ask you about them.
- Keep invite cards with you all the time and be ready to step up when the opportunity pops up!
- There are literally a zillion ways to invite people…these are just a few.
The point is this – God can use your invitation to radically transform a life. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to invite your friends to hear and respond to the gospel on Easter Sunday.
AC’ers…I’m praying for you as you invite your friends and people you cross paths with this week. I am praying for and expecting a move of God on Sunday – that God would make His name great through lives changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ!