Friday FivePosted: May 20, 2011
Five sort of random but important tidbits for your Friday reading enjoyment…
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to predict that the world would end on a specific date and then spend millions of dollars marketing the date all over the world? Wonder if that guy will have trouble sleeping tonight? In all seriousness, for helpful commentary on how to rightly think about Jesus’ return and what to do with this prediction, check out Dr. Albert Mohler, my seminary President, and his thoughts.
- I’m really looking forward to preaching part 4 of the Family Vacation series this Sunday at Awaken. I’m praying that God will use this sermon to radically change the direction of marriages and families – I believe He will. Get there and get your friends there for what promises to be a great day!
- You can still sign up to be in a Community Group at Awaken. Groups will begin meeting again in June. Don’t miss this chance to connect with others in Awaken, to grow as a follower of Jesus, and to be on mission together in our city. For more on Community Groups at Awaken and to sign-up for one, visit our website.
- We are officially inside of 3 weeks until the arrival of Baby Girl Hardwick #3! Excitement is definitely building in our house as we paint rooms, set-up the nursery, get our 2 daughters adjusted to sharing a room, wash and organize baby stuff, etc. Can’t wait to welcome her to our family! We covet your prayers for LB and this new blessing!
- Last but not least…I have a HUGE announcement for Awaken on Sunday that will have a major impact on our immediate future and our ability to make God’s name great through lives changed by the gospel. I can’t wait to share what God has done, the opportunity He has given us, and what we believe He’s going to do!